San Antonio Community News Resources:
- NOWCastSA – A grassroots project of CI:NOW (formerly AACIS) and is funded in part by a grant from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, administered by the San Antonio Area Foundation.
- City of San Antonio News Releases
San Antonio Faith & Spriituality:
San Antonio Food:
- SavorSA.com – Taste what's cooking in San Antonio. Your one-stop shop for all things related to food and wine in the San Antonio area.
San Antonio Radio:
- Texas Public Radio — Texas Public Radio (TPR) operates three non-commercial radio stations. KPAC, 88.3 FM and KSTX, 89.1 FM broadcast to South Central Texas from studios in San Antonio. KTXI, 90.1 FM broadcasts to the Texas Hill Country from a location near Kerrville.
San Antonio River:
San Antonio Television:
- KLRN-TV Channel 9 – The Learning Place — KLRN-TV 9 and DT 9.1 in San Antonio, Texas are licensed to the Alamo Public Telecommunications Council (APTC). The studios are located in downtown San Antonio. The station provides public television services for a 30 county region in South and Central Texas.
- The 411 Show – The 411 Show started as a Public Access Television show in June 2004. The show features youth, in a talk show format, discussing issues that affect our world today. We also feature young talent in a variety of performances and showcase video shorts. There are rotating hosts and guests. The show is produced by 411 Productions, a non-profit organization dedicated to educating youth and the public on Media issues and teaches media production, so youth can have a voice in the media they watch. The 411 Show currently airs on San Antonio Public Access TV Digital Channel 20 (Time Warner) and Channel 19 on Grande Cable, Thursdays 8:30 pm and 12:30 pm on Saturdays in San Antonio Texas, USA. The Show also has an international viewing audience via sites such as YouTube and Blip.TV.
- TV4SA – Videos from independent media producers in San Antonio Texas and on Public Access TV in San Antonio TX. Theses shows air on Digital Channel 20 Time Warner Cable and Channel 19 on Grande Cable. Some producers also have their own websites and youtube channels you can search for. Check the website link for show times.
San Antonio Voter Information (Go Vote! – Easy as A B C or do re mi!):
- Get Registered To Vote – Put the party back into Party Politics – Throw a Voter Registration Party to get yourself, family, friends, and neighbors to the polls! Have everyone complete a voter registration application card. Print, sign and mail the form to:
Voter Registration Office
203 W. Nueva Suite 3.61
San Antonio, Tx 78207
Applications must be postmarked 30 days before an election to be eligible to vote in that election. For more info, view A Guide to Voter Registration, at the Texas Secretary of State web site.
- Get Informed About Your Precinct – Say you're not sure about where to vote or know your precinct number? Go to the "ONLINE JURISDICTION HELPER". Enter your Street Name or Zip Code to find jurisdiction information and get a list of helpful websites for your precinct. Also use the ELECTED OFFICIALS & PRECINCT GUIDE BOOK to find out who represents you at the Federal, State and Local levels.
- Where To Vote – Go Bexar County Elections site and click on the link "Early Voting" and "Election Day Polling Locations" For other questions: contact the office of the Bexar County Elections Administrator at (210) 335-VOTE (8683).